The FluQuadri Vaccine protects you against influenza (flu). It works by exposing you to a small dose of the flu virus, which aids in the production of immunity against the disease in your body. A flu virus infection that has already developed will not be treated by vaccination. If you want to learn more about the safe use and benefits of this influenza vaccine, then this post is for you. Besides, you can also get to know about the storage tips and precautions you need to keep in mind by reading this post until the end. Let’s explore!
A doctor or nurse administers the FluQuadri Vaccine as an injection into a muscle. It’s typically given right before the cold season starts when the flu virus is at its peak. A single injection is normally enough to cover you for a year. Since new strains of the flu virus appear frequently and new vaccines are made, you should get vaccinated every year.
If you’re over the age of 65 or have a chronic health condition like diabetes, heart failure, kidney failure, or chronic obstructive pulmonary disease, you should get this vaccine (COPD). It’s also healthy for babies and toddlers over the age of six months.
Benefits Of FluQuadri Injection
The influenza virus (flu) is a virus that affects your respiratory system (nose, throat, and lungs). For the most part, it improves on its own. People who are at a greater risk of being critically ill, on the other hand, should get the influenza vaccine to protect themselves.
Every year, a new vaccine is needed due to the flu virus’s rapid evolution and the introduction of new strains (even though you may have antibodies to a previous version). It will never be 100% safe, and some strains will be resistant, but it is still your best protection against influenza and will help you recover faster if you get it. Influenza is a severe disease that claims the lives of a large number of people each year. If you believe you are at risk, you should inquire about this vaccine.
This vaccine may cause mild side effects. However, it is wise to get vaccinated than to become infected with flu. Every year, influenza kills thousands of people. Headache, fatigue, tiredness, and pain or swelling at the vaccine site are the most common side effects. They generally don’t last for long. If any of the side effects linger or cause you concern, talk with your doctor.
These side effects usually go away after a couple of days. Please contact your doctor or pharmacist if the symptoms persist or worsen. Other side effects not mentioned above have been reported infrequently with flu vaccinations other than FluQuadri/FluQuadri Junior:
- It may cause inflammation of nerves that can make you weak, such as weakness of facial muscles or visual disturbances.
- Fainting, tingling, dizziness, or numbness of hands or feet.
- A temporary inflammation of nerves causing pain, paralysis, and sensitivity disorders.
- Fits with or without fever.
- Severe allergic reaction.
If you have a high-temperature disease or have ever had an allergic reaction to a vaccine, you should alert the doctor before getting the injection. Other medications may interact with the flu vaccine, so let your doctor know about any other medications you’re taking. Vaccination, like any other vaccine, does not completely protect anyone, but it will reduce flu symptoms. It will not obstruct illness from avian flu (bird flu) or a common cold. You need to reach out to your doctor in the first place if you are pregnant or feeding breast.
How To Use It?
Your doctor or nurse will give you this medicine. Kindly do not self administer and consider the below-given points:
It is not certain whether it is safe to consume alcohol with FluQuadri Vaccine. Please consult your doctor.
In Case Of Pregnancy
FluQuadri Vaccine is completely safe to use during pregnancy. Many studies have shown low or no risk to the developing baby.
Information regarding the use of FluQuadri Vaccine during breastfeeding is not available. Please consult your doctor.
FluQuadri Vaccine does not usually affect your ability to drive.
When Having A Kidney Diseases
There is limited information available on the use of FluQuadri Vaccine in patients with kidney disease. Please consult your doctor.
When Having A Liver Disease
There is limited information available on the use of FluQuadri Vaccine in patients with liver disease. Please consult your doctor.
What If You Forget To Take The FluQuadri Injection?
If you miss a dose of FluQuadri Vaccine, please consult your doctor and follow the below-given considerations:
- You should take special care with FluQuadri/FluQuadri Junior.
- Moreover, inform your doctor if you or your child has or has had severe muscle weakness after a flu vaccine.
- Let your doctor know if you or your child has or has had an immune response problem. The immune response to the vaccine may get lesser.
- Tell your doctor if you are pregnant or breastfeeding.
- Your doctor will inform you about the possible risks and benefits of having the vaccine during pregnancy or breastfeeding. When the adverse consequences of influenza infection in pregnant women are known, health authorities recommend vaccination for pregnant women.
Dose and Schedule Of The FluQuadri
- Adults and children over 35 months: A single 0.5 mL injection
- Children 6 to 35 months: A single 0.25 mL injection
- Some children require a second injection a month later.
Method of Administration
FluQuadri/FluQuadri Junior is injected into the muscles of the upper arm (preferably). For infants, the injection uses the muscle of the thigh.
Storing And Disposal Of FluQuadri
FluQuadri is mainly stored in the doctor’s surgery or clinic or at the pharmacy. However, if you need to store it, follow the below-given points with the utmost attention:
- Keep out of reach and sight of children.
- Store FluQuadri/FluQuadri Junior in the original pack before giving it.
- Keep it in the refrigerator, store at 2C to 8C. Do not freeze FluQuadri/FluQuadri Junior.
- Avoid using FluQuadri/FluQuadri Junior after the expiry date.
- Do not have FluQuadri/FluQuadri Junior if the packaging is torn or shows signs of tampering.
- You should not dispose of the medicines via wastewater or household waste. Ask your pharmacist how to dispose of medicines no longer required. These measures will help to protect the environment.
Your doctor will inject FluQuadri Vaccine in form of an injection in the muscle of the upper arm. To safeguard yourself from the flu, you should get vaccinated every year. The vaccine can take up to two weeks to take effect. As a result, whether you were having the flu before or after your vaccine, you can still experience the illness. And if some of the symptoms are similar to flu, the vaccine will not protect you against the common cold.
This post offers all-inclusive information about the FluQuadri influenza vaccine. Now that you are here, it means you already have gained all the crucial information related to the vaccine. You can find more intuitive posts related to healthcare by navigation through our vlog section.