Paula Ann Hiers Deen is a famous American chef; she is an author of cookbooks and a TV personality. She was born on 19th January 1947 in Albany, Georgia. Paula Deen was the daughter of Corrie A. Hiers and Earl Wayne Hiers. She was 18 years old when she got married to Jimmy Deen and has two sons.
Deen runs a restaurant, The Lady & Sons restaurant, and Paula Deen’s Creek House with her two sons. In 1997 Deen published a cookbook called The Lady & Sons Savannah Country Cookbook and The Lady & Sons, Too! A Whole New Batch of Recipes from Savannah. Both these cookbook content was related to traditional Southern recipes. Deen has published fifteen cookbooks.
In 1999 Deen was introduced to Food Network by her friend Gordon Elliott. Paula Deen is an amazing cook, and you will love her recipes. In this article, we have covered the best Paula Deen Potato Soup recipes that you can try yourself at home, and you will love to have.
Which is the Best Paula Deen Potato Soup?
Soup is very healthy and has a lot of benefits. Before starting your meal, have a bowl of soup of your choice. Having soup may reduce your hunger, increase your fullness, and help you lose weight and maintain your weight goals. We need to drink a good amount of water to keep our skin fresh; as you know, the soup contains the maximum amount of water that can keep your skin healthy and fresh. You can prepare it with different ingredients like vegetables, chicken, meat, rice and legumes. Let us see below the Best Paula Deen Potato Soup recipes you can try at your home.
- Paula Deen Potato Soup With Shrimp Recipe
- Sweet Potato and Date Soup Recipe by Paula Deen
Paula Deen Potato Soup With Shrimp Recipe:
Paula Deen Potato Soup is a tasty and very healthy soup that you can try at home. Potato contains nutrients, antioxidants, and is gluten-free. It contains Protein, Carbs, Fiber, Vitamin C, Vitamin B6, Potassium, Manganese and Magnesium. Potatoes may improve blood sugar control and may improve digestive health. You can have potatoes in different forms like baked, steamed, boiled, and fried.
Shrimp are low in calories; it contains antioxidants, vitamin B12, iron, phosphorus, zinc, magnesium. It is very easy to prepare and a quick recipe. You can make this recipe in less than 30 minutes; that can be enough for 5 servings.
- 450 gm medium shrimp
- 1/4 teaspoon black pepper powder
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 stick butter
- 1 fine chopped onion
- 2 medium chopped carrots
- 2 tablespoons all-purpose flour
- 8 medium peeled and cubed russet potatoes
- 4 cups whole milk
- 2 chicken bouillon cubes dissolved in 1/2 cup hot milk
- Cheddar cheese as required for garnish
- 1 sprig for garnish dill (optional)
- Cooked Bacon for garnish
- Take a saucepan and, on a medium flame, put 1/2 stick of butter and allow it to melt. Add 1 fine chopped onion and 2 medium chopped carrots. Saute onion and carrots for about 5 minutes.
- Once done, put 2 tablespoons of all-purpose flour and cook for another 1 minute. Take a bowl, pour ½ cup of hot milk, and 2 chicken bouillon cubes mix them well. Take 8 medium russet potatoes, peel off the skin, wash them thoroughly 2 to 3 times with water and then cut into ½ inch cube size.
- Add the potato cubes, 4 cups of whole milk and dissolved chicken bouillon cubes in the soup. Keep stirring the soup between and cook it on a medium flame for 15 minutes until the potatoes turn soft.
- Once the potatoes turn soft and dissolve in the soup, add 1/4 teaspoon of black pepper powder and 1 teaspoon of salt.
- In another saucepan, pour 2 cups of water, add 1/2 teaspoon of salt, and bring it to a boil. Once the water starts boiling, add 450 gm medium shrimp and stir well.
- Watch carefully as the shrimp should be slightly uncooked. Once the shrimp turns pink in colour, turn off the flame after 2 to 3 minutes. Drain out all the water.
- Once the shrimp gets cold, peel off the shell and chop them roughly. Put all the shrimp in the soup, stir them well and cook for a few minutes.
- Turn off the flame and transfer the soup to a serving bowl, and for garnishing, sprinkle with some cooked bacon, grated Cheddar cheese and sprig dill. If you don’t have shrimp at home or cannot find it, you can use corn in your soup.
Sweet Potato and Date Soup Recipe by Paula Deen:
Sweet Potato and Date Soup Recipe tasty and very healthy soup that you can try at home. It contains vitamins B, vitamin C, calcium, iron, magnesium, phosphorus, potassium and zinc. It lowers your risk for cancer and helps you control blood sugar. Sweet potatoes keep your immune system and eyes healthy. Dates are very nutritious and are high in fibre. It contains antioxidants that help you fight disease and promote your brain health. Dates contain Protein, Potassium, Magnesium, Copper, Manganese, Iron, and Vitamin B6. It is a very easy and quick recipe. You can make this recipe in 30 minutes; that can be enough for 10 servings.
- 56 gm butter
- 114 gm fresh or dried chopped dates
- 1 medium chopped onion
- 2 large peeled and coarsely chopped sweet potatoes
- 1 Liter chicken stock
- 170 gm heavy whipping cream
- Salt as per taste
- Black pepper powder as required
- Take a saucepan and, on a medium flame, put 1/2 stick butter and allow it to melt. Add 1 medium chopped onion and saute for a few minutes.
- Take 2 large sweet potatoes, peel off the skin, wash them thoroughly 2 to 3 times with water and chop them roughly. Put the sweet potatoes in the saucepan and allow them to cook for 15 minutes on a low flame.
- After 15 minutes, 114 gm fresh or dried chopped dates, 1 Liter of chicken stock and boil on a low flame for 15 minutes. Once the sweet potatoes are completely cooked, turn off the heat and let them cool for a few minutes.
- Pour them in the blender and make a puree. Pour the puree into a saucepan, cook on a low flame, and cook for a few minutes. Turn off the heat, add 170 gm of heavy whipping cream, salt as per taste and black pepper powder as per requirement.
- Transfer it to a serving bowl and garnish the soup with fresh chopped chives and cream fraise.
You may have tried a lot of different soups, but these are the two best Paula Deen Potato Soup recipes that you can try at home with simple ingredients Paula Deen Potato Soup With Shrimp Recipe and Sweet Potato and Date Soup Recipe by Paula Deen that you will love to have. We hope you like the recipe and enjoy it with your family and friends.