Aside from being the largest source of information and interaction, Social media is now the most widely used marketing platform globally. At the start of 2021, the number of social media users stood at 4.2 billion, up from 4.14 billion in 2020.
Internet penetration has been so rapid that up to 80% of the world’s population owns smartphones. Projections show that by 2026, up to 60% (4.75 billion) of the global population will be active on social platforms.
Why is this relevant?
These statistics indicate that social media is evolving from a simple interaction platform to a full-blown source of news on current affairs and, more importantly, a trading opportunity for businesses to gain a competitive edge. Social media also allows companies to interact with clients and potential customers in real-time.
While many industries are still cynical about the effectiveness of social media as a marketing strategy, current statistics indicate it is the best way to develop and nurture quality leads.
Before writing off social media marketing as a strategy, it is critical to know some fundamental facts.
- 75% of marketers believe that social media is an effective marketing platform with a high return on investment index
- Social media marketing is cost-effective, improves customer experience, bolsters brand trust, and builds loyalty.
- 54% of internet users research product quality by reviewing customer experience with specific brands on social media.
- 70% of customers who have a positive experience with your brand on social media will recommend your services to others
Essentially, involving social media in your marketing technique won’t just improve brand awareness; it also builds positive relationships with your customers. There are scenarios where social media marketing strategies don’t work. The reason for this is that many businesses use outdated techniques by flooding their content with ads. Mediagroup now provides a few easy strategy points that you can use to improve your numbers.
Recommended Social Media Marketing Strategies for 2022
Focus on User-Generated Content
The number one technique in social media marketing is understanding target audience needs. Many companies fail to convert leads mainly because they focus on paid advertisement.
Note that 60% of internet users prioritize social media as a source of information on brands. This statistic means that the content on your page is what will convince a potential customer to either ignore or purchase your product.
Your strategy, therefore, should be to develop user-centric content that not only paints your business as a quality brand but also facilitates engagement. Leads need nurturing, so you need to ensure your page has a 24-hour help desk to assist users in maintaining positive interactions with your company.
User-generated content aims to get customers involved. This feat involves using interesting conversations, competitions, and other strategies to increase engagement.
Remember that satisfied customers are your number one advertisers. They are quick to give credit when you offer exceptional quality and share your brand with friends and family. User-centric content is the best way to establish your brand as a household name.
In 2022, it is impossible to develop an effective online strategy without emphasizing video content. Up to 90% of marketers use video marketing, with a further 86% admitting that it has significantly increased traffic to their websites. Video content also increases dwell time, as customers spend more time on sites that have interesting material.
A live video help desk has also helped improve customer interactions, and it is the most effective way to increase product understanding.
To improve your conversion schedule engaging content that customers can watch to understand your brand and what you offer. Note that up to 50% of social media users prefer video content-this is guaranteed to drive traffic to your website. It is also advisable to include value backlinks to your site if a customer may require more information on your products or services.
Another popular trend in 2022 is using social media influencers to push your brand. This has been a trend for the last few years, and many businesses are now aligning with personalities with a huge following to help them improve brand awareness. There are various techniques in influencer marketing;
- Depending on your expected return on investment and marketing budget, you can choose between celebrity influencers. Influencers with a large following require compensation-this will largely depend on your intended reach. Your budget will determine what influencer you can work with. Ensure you don’t go out of pocket.
- You can also use micro-influencers to push your product. These influencers have a lesser following, and the compensation is more pocket-friendly. They range from individual influencers to those who have ties to marketing agencies. In principle, your strategy will depend on marketing goals and the expected ROI.
Influencer marketing has become a crucial trend, primarily because it works. This inclination is one of the critical techniques you should focus on to mushroom your customer base.
Social media marketing is at the top of business strategies in 2022, so if you want to compete at the top level, this is the one technique that you should not underestimate.