Right from the stats to the ways to do it, there are lots of things that you should know about Instagram engagement if you really want to use it for your business marketing benefits. With over one billion users, there seems to be no better platform to use other than Instagram among all available social media channels.
Founded in 2010, it took just eight years by this platform to become one of the most used and power channels in the social media marketing world. It has made its mark and proved its potential in this competitive sphere mostly due to:
- Its useful features and in-built tools and
- Its incredible potential to keep the users engaged.
However, in spite of all its uniqueness and great potential to gain a lot of interactions, there are some essential questions that still remain unanswered. These are:
- What exactly is meant by engagement?
- How can you use the platform at its best to gain more engagement?
The most important question of all seems to be what is the primary reason that most of the marketers are so keen on Instagram when it comes to advertising and promoting their brand and product. Once again, the answer seems to be simple: it is all about Instagram engagement.
Now, what exactly are the reasons that makes this social platform so engaging? Well, the experts have identified a few simple reasons including:
- The algorithm of Instagram favors relevant content
- Instagram users spend a lot of time on this platform
- It is a highly popular visual platform
- It allows users to be as creative as possible and
- There are lots of engaging content creators and influencers on this platform.
The content formats of Instagram are attractive and enables creative minds to come up with some most beautiful and incredible posts.
Good engagement rate
Therefore, it is engagement that ensure success on Instagram to ensure a better and highly productive influencer marketing. You can engage experts for that matter or take handsome tips and advice from sites like https://blastup.com/ to find out more about how to gain more engagement.
You must first know what is a good engagement rate on Instagram. Once you know that, it will be much easier for you to find how exactly you can achieve that engagement rate so that you can collaborate with an influencer of your choice.
To understand the equation and calculate the engagement rate on Instagram, there are a few specific steps that you should follow. These are:
- Looking at all influencer’s posts for a month
- Adding up the total number of likes and comments of each
- Dividing it by the number of posts
- Dividing it further by the number of followers and
- Finally, changing it into a percentage multiplying it by 100.
You can do this manually or use any of the available tools to get the average engagement rate of an influencer of your choice.
Tactics to increase engagement rates
You will be better off in increasing the rate of engagement on your Instagram posts if you follow these proven and simple tactics.
- First, make sure that you know about and use all available Instagramfeatures to ensure that Instagramalgorithm prioritizes your accounts
- Next, use various content formats to keep it fresh with formats like videos, stories, ads, carousel posts, and highlights
- Check out the performance of each content using Instagram and other tools to analyze several things such as locations and genders of followers and insights on your posts and
- Using polls and contests to make more people follow you and get engaged.
Once again, it is the knowledge of the Instagram features, both old and new, that will help you to make the best use of these. When you do so it will vary the type of content keeping your posts fresh and appealing all the time. more variance will ensure higher rate of Instagram engagement.
Pro tip: Always use the new features more so that you are not only rewarded by the Instagram algorithm but also get more engagement for your posts.
The calculation methods
The total engagement of the users on a particular post depends on a tally of different elements such as:
- Clicks and
- Retweets, depending on the particular platform that you are using.
Here are few of the most common methods to calculate Instagram engagement rate as well as other social media networks.
- ERR: Engagement Rate by Reach is most common and is the percentage measure of users interact with your content. The formula is – ERR = total engagements per post / reach per post * 100.
- ER post: Engagement rate by posts is similar to ERR but tells about the rate of engagement rather than the reach. The formula is – ER post = Total engagements on a post / total follower *100.
- ER impressions: This measure the frequency at which a post appears on the screen. The formula is – ER impressions = Total engagements on a post / total impression *100.
- Daily ER: This is the daily measure of engagement against the maximum exposure. The formula is – Daily ER = Total engagements in a day / total follower *100.
- ER views: This measure the engagement with the videos after watching them using the formula ER view = Total engagements on video post / Total video views *100.
- FER: Factored Engagement Rate looks at specific factors of the equation such as comments and weights. The formula used is – Comment-weighted ER = (Total comments x 2) + all engagements / Reach per post *100.
Choose the one according to your need and maintain a track on a regular basis to know which way your Instagram marketing effort is going.
Reframing your thought
It is now time to reframe your thought about Instagram engagement to build a community of highly engaged fans. To understandengagement, you must look into all performance metrics and track:
- All comments
- Instagram Stories views, and
Remember, it is not about like anymore and therefore you will need to make the change. This will ensure a more holistic Instagram engagement in 2020.
Incoming search terms:
- https://fictionpad com/blog/instagram-marketing-to-increase-engagement-level/